Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Next Half

This is just an update on what I have going on for the next half of 2016 and a few new things at Captured Glimpses.  We made a few changes to the schedule and have made a couple of additions as well.

First off, there's been a couple changes to the location schedule.  Earlier this year, we had Krakow on the list, but logistics getting there haven't worked out.  Krakow, like Prague, is one of those weird locations that are really hard to get to via public transport from Frankfurt.  Poland is one of those countries we're not permitted to take the car.  Flying is freakishly expensive.  So, we decided to nix Krakow for the time being until we have a chance and a few extra days to warrant the cost of a flight.  So, we went down to the Alps a few weeks back to replace that trip.  It was a brief jaunt in the mountains, mostly on foot enjoying the magnificent landscape.  We also did a little castle hunting.  It was a beautiful weekend.  Photographs from that trip are up on the website here.

Weissensee
This past weekend we were up in Warwickshire visiting our friends.  It was a fantastic time. We haven't seen them in a while and having the whole weekend to catch up and laugh over pints was definitely overdue. This wasn't a photo trip, but there are a few photographs from the weekend here.

Warwickshire
Next up, as planned, we're heading to Portugal! We'll be in Lisbon the whole time and I'm really looking forward to exploring a brand new place and culture.  I'm just starting the research on that so any specific shooting plans haven't been nailed down just yet.

After that trip, we originally planned to go back to Munich and Normandy.  We had some family coming to visit so we were going to revisit these locations, but their trip was canceled.  Instead of returning to France and Munich we decided to use that time to head to a brand new location- Ireland!  I was in Ireland 15 years ago on a short term student exchange program and have been itching to get back since we moved over to Europe in 2011.  Until now, the stars haven't aligned for a trip up, but with this unexpected opening we've finally got the chance.  The plan is to spend most of the time out in the country with just a brief stop in Dublin.  I'll let you know if we spot any Star Wars Episode VIII shooting, but we'll mostly be hunting ruins and prehistoric sites.  I seriously cannot wait for this trip.  Ireland is one of those places that is gorgeous no matter the weather.  Unless there are some insane storms, the weather shouldn't be too much of a concern. Hopefully.

From then on, if nothing else comes up, we're sticking with the original plans I laid out at the beginning of the year.  We did decided just to stick with Venice instead of including Slovenia.  We don't want to overstretch the schedule or shortchange either location. So, we'll slide Slovenia into another year.

Now, just a few other housekeeping things. First of all, I created a Facebook page!  If you're a Facebook user, you can now get a daily photograph in your feed, updates, and the occasional special offer not available elsewhere.  So, if you use Facebook, please give me a like and follow!  I'd really appreciate it!



Next, I've added a load of new products over in my Zazzle shop!  I have a bunch of fun products with the northern lights, including a mug on which the lights will appear if you add hot liquid.  I've also added a collection of products featuring macro photographs from the Spring as well as a collection of products exclusively for children and babies.  If you are in need of a unique gift for kids or expectant moms, have a look!  More products will be added in the weeks I'm at home.  If there is a particular product or one of my images that you'd like on a product that isn't available, I'm always happy to take requests.  Please send them to capturedglimpses@gmail.com.



Thirdly, I've left Flickr.  I didn't have anything against it, it was a great platform for photographers.  However, Yahoo! has undergone a lot of changes, and Flickr has suffered.  With them pending to sell the service to another provider, it seemed like it was time to let it go.  It had been having some security issues for a while, and the social aspect just wasn't really happening anymore.  It was time.  From now on, my website or the social media sites are where my photos will be.  I have added a new gallery to my website of the street photography images that were on Flickr.  As they were on Flickr, these images aren't for sale, just viewing.

Lastly, I've changed my logo.  The CG is still there, but I removed the Frankfurt skyline to just have  more simplistic and minimal look (and to be honest, I don't really care for Frankfurt).  I've changed avatars every year or so, but I think I'll be sticking with this one for a while.  It doesn't relate to a specific place, so I shouldn't have to change it the next time we move.

So, that's what's up!  I hope the weather is getting more summer like wherever you are (or that it's staying warm if you're in the southern hemisphere).  The next week I'll be prepping for Lisbon so stay tuned for some new material over on Instagram and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment